Sunday, April 7, 2013

Dinner: a Chinese restaurant near Nationaltheatret

I must start by saying that I don't like the name of this place. I mean, would you call a car "drive" or "go"? But other than that, Dinner is a nice Chinese restaurant next to Nationaltheatret. It is really easy to go there


The restaurant is beautiful but as we were there during busy hours (for lunch on a Saturday), it was quite full and we felt a bit cramped. Other than that, the service was good.

As a starter, my wife had spring rolls.

Spring rolls, 59 NOK

By the taste, you could say that these were handmade with an original taste. We liked them.

Szechuan Soup with Chicken (a bit spicy) 79 NOK

I started a Szechuan soup which reminded me a bit of the sweet-sour Peking soup. Quite nice. A bit spicy but this is the way I like this soup.

Lunch Platter, 157 NOK

My wife went directly for the Lunch Platter. A nice combination of several things. A bit of fish, a bit of chicken, etc... This dish changes depending on the fresh ingredients they have so you may get something else if you order it.

Fried Noodles, 135 NOK

I ordered fried noodles after that. They were nice and the dish was actually quite big.

On the side, we ordered some Chinese bread and some Chinese tea. Both were really good.


Our conclusion: Dinner is a good restaurant and the food here is really good. The restaurant can get full quickly and the tables are quite close to each other, so it is better to avoid busy hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment